Friday, February 23, 2007

Dreams | Nick Cox

My heart’s desire before You, open wide I laid.
So You could see my thought and dreams, all the plans I’d made.
To You I ran through prayer and praise - with nothing to hide.
And then as silent tears fell I watched, as those dreams I’d seen - they died.

My heart was Yours to shape and to mould,
And I wished to live my life with You and grow old.
Yet as the radiant warmth of those dreams soon faded
So also did my heart grow weak and hard and jaded.

What's left inside, now, Lord, I do not know?
But if your Spirit still resides there, let Him show
His presence in my life so those around me may find
The warm glow of hope and be encouraged, in kind.

But what of those dreams, will they ever return?
Only when in my life I acknowledge You and turn,
To see Your face and outstretched arms that before me lie
And realise that through Your Love, no dreams will ever die.

No comments: